Biological safety of anodized titanium surface on surgical implants

Q. I heard that anodized surface of titanium alloy is familiar with surgical implant. But how can I confirm for biological safety of anodized surface. And what are checkpoints for quality of anodized surface?

LEE [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Changwon, KOREA

A. Hello, Lee. I have worked with ASTM standards for stainless steel surgical implants. So I am 99%+ sure that there are ASTM and other standards for titanium implants as well, although I don't know the numbers without looking them up. Try ANSI or Techstreet.