Problem pertaining to copper density

I'm struggling with one problem pertaining to copper density, here it is: Given the density of copper is 8.96gr/cm3.Evaluate the desity of free electrons ( their no. per cm3 in Cu). I need to know the solution immediately, as I have more similar queries to complete, consider my case and kindly send me the solution.

Thanking you,

Siddartha Kondoju
- Rapid City, SD, U.S.A

Hello Siddartha!

Once you realize that Avogadro's number is the number of atoms in a mole, that there are 2 free electrons per atom, that you already know the density, and that you can perform simple calculations, the answer is obvious. I doubt anyone on this board would want to deprive you of the pleasure of working it out!

Enjoy!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist

Ed. note: That was a model answer to a student inquiry, Lee.