23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Making copper countertop

I want to make a hammered copper countertop for a man's bathroom. I want to know if there are any tricks to hammering the copper. I would like to achieve a look with brown patina versus the standard green. Also, is there a sealer available to protect from toothpaste and other bathroom materials? I also would need the appropriate adhesive.

Teresa Tuma
- San Antonio, Texas

Liver of Sulphur

Brass Lacquer

Teresa-

I am wondering the same. I am trying to make a copper table top with a dull, brown patina- not verdigris. Please let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

Liz Jackson
- Marlboro, Massachusetts

Teresa,
You can try using liver of sulfur to achieve a brown rustic look. I would recommend spraying several coats of lacquer to protect the copper surface once you are finished.

Don Angelo
Spring Hill, Tennessee