23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Hard Anodizing Tungsten Carbide

I am interested in hard anodizing (although that might not be the correct terminology) tungsten carbide. Is this possible? I suppose it would be similar to CVD coatings, which would not help the application problem I have. Does anyone in the cyber zone have experience with this?

Schmid, C. A.
- Houston, Texas

High quality tungsten carbide is great as is. Why do you want to modify it?

Is the tungsten carbide in an aluminum matrix? Some alloys, like the original German Duralumin had WC dispersed in the metal for some purpose I don't understand.

Michael Brewington
- Salisbury, Maryland, USA