How to age copper for kitchen rack

I am trying to find out how to age copper. I have a rack attached to my kitchen ceiling (to hang pots and kitchen utensils from) made of copper tubing. It is just a little green how can I make the whole thing look aged?

Maria Paruta
- Delray Beach, Florida, USA

Please search our site for patina, aging copper etc. using the search engine near the top of this page.

tom pullizzi monitor
Tom Pullizzi
Falls Township,
   Pennsylvania 

2006

Did you get any help on the question of creating an aged copper patina? I have the same question in trying to restore some antigue pieces that have been polished. I want an old Arts and Crafts, Roycroft kind of patina

Paul Nitz
- Frankford, Delaware, USA

2006

Hello, Paul. This has been one of the most frequently asked questions on this site. Please see our FAQ on Patinas, and search the site for hundreds of threads on the subject. Good luck.