Anodising Contact Points

(2001)

What form of flight rail (spline) is used out there at the contact point. I am currently using a V block connection, where one aluminium V from the flight rail fits into the conductive aluminium V. I would like to know if there is a better way to have a connection or better method, material, and so forth, as my results are coming out varied at the moment.

Also if there is somewhere I could find more info regarding this would be appreciated.

Andrew Falconer
- Christchurch, New Zealand

(2001)

Your nomenclature is confusing me, but if you are talking about the V-saddles on an anodizing tank, and the workbar from which the anodizing racks hang, the contact points shouldn't be aluminum. You should use copper V-saddles and bolt copper contact shoes onto the aluminum workbar.

Wire brush the aluminum and the copper where you will bolt them together, then apply a oxide resistant compound like No-Ox-Id from Sanchem.