Seeking supplier of Alodine 12 S

I am looking for a supplier of Alodine 12 S. We use it in the trophy industry to color engraved aluminum from natural silver to gold and have been told by our industry suppliers that EPA regulations make shipping this product prohibitive. Got any ideas who might supply this stuff where I can pick it up (NE Ohio would be great)? Even an end user who might want to sell a few pounds would be fine ...

Gary Hammersley
- Bolivar, Ohio

I really find this hard to believe. I have chromate shipped in to me all the time. It just has to go via motor freight and can no longer be shipped via UPS (I don't know if it ever could be except in "sample" sized quantities). The fact of the matter is, whatever their reason for telling you that, the pieces of the puzzle don't seem to fit. Is it possible for you to go with another supplier of chromates? Or do you specifically want the same product? I've bought from Detroit and North Carolina, neither ever had issue with shipping me product.

Matthew Stiltner
plating company - Toledo, Ohio