Light weight rifle stocks

I am not at all knowledgeable about titanium. What I do know is that it is light weight and strong. What I want is to make my hunting rifle lighter in weight. I'm not sure which material the stock should be made out of. Is titanium as light as I think? There are polymer composite stocks on the market for my 30-06 Ruger rifle. But there is no real difference in weight between it and the wood one I currently have. There are several folding and stream-line stocks and butts available for other rifles and machine guns. For some reason there are no options for 30-06 rifles. I have lugged my rifle many miles through the woods and am getting a bit lazy . Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,

John Squeri
- N.Y.C., New York

Gun parts & schematics at Brownell's

Hi, John.

Titanium is strong, and reasonably light for it's strength, but it's not exceptionally light. You may be thinking of magnesium, which is significantly lighter than aluminum. Good luck.