Anode for pink alloy bath

Thing which I wish to enquire is the type of anode to use in pink alloy bath. Do you recommend Copper wire for it ? or shall I take Platinum rod? Also could you suggest whether the wire used to hang the article (at cathode) has any influence on the rhodium coating. Right now I'm using Copper wire to hang the jewelry, in all the alloy bath. Is it fine or is there any better substitute? I would highly appreciate if you could provide me with the chemical reaction, if exists, between copper and rhodium-alloy-solution. Like : Cu  2e- + Cu ++ ? Because if it exists then definitely the quality of Cu-wire must be having an effect on the article-to-be-hanged and the solution.And in that case a superior quality wire is recommended. Please advise.

Yours sincerely,

Sudeep Sethi
Manak Jewels - Indore, MP, India

I believe a platinized titanium anode would work. Do you recommend Copper wire for it ? No. I believe stainless steel tips would not contaminate the solution.

tom pullizzi monitor
Tom Pullizzi
Falls Township,
   Pennsylvania 

(2006)

I'm currently given a project on pink gold and would like to find out more about the technical aspects of it. It's used as a plating bath but the only thing I was told was that it is very unstable and can cause defects on the metal piece to be plated. Can anyone provide more info on pink gold or the TDS (technical data sheet) etc. Thank you

KWA PEI ZI SUE-ANN