ZINC Whiskers on ZINC COBALT Plating on Aluminum Pressure Die Castings

I would like to know is there any chance of developing ZINC Whiskers after doing ZINC COBALT Plating on Aluminum Pressure Die castings.

Vella Srinivas
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Dear Mr Vella Srinivas.

As you have not received a response from anyone else since past 15 days ,I would request you to take the trouble to read the article forwarded by your colleague from him to you and you to me, where on Page 1, the author recommends Zinc Cobalt Plating as a remedy for Zinc Whiskers. In fact if you alloy Lead in Tin plating you also avoid Tin Whiskers : this was in the other article that you were kind enough to send to me.

Please feel free to contact if you have further clarifications.

Khozem Vahaanwala
Khozem Vahaanwala
Saify Ind supporting advertiser
Bangalore, Karnataka, India

saify logo