Help for removing scratches/imperfections in stainless steel

I was thinking about buying a stainless steel brush guard for my Ford F-150, but the only one I could afford buying has a couple scratches already on it.

I was wondering if there was anyway to remove minor scratches from a high luster stainless steel.

I would really appreciate any feedback that would help me make a wise decision.

Brett M. Borland
- Roswell, GA, USA

With those scratches, that brushguard probably looks like it actually guarded some brush. Scratched brush guards will probably be the next rage, akin to pre-faded jeans--you're ahead of the curve.

If you do a search on these Hotline-letters pages you will find numerous instructions on how to remove or disguise scratches in stainless steel, and how to re-polish it. But, as for removing the scratches without repolishing and rebuffing the whole brush guard, I don't think it will happen.