CRACKLE FINISH PAINT

NEED TO CREATE A LOW COST CRACKLE FINISH OVER FORGED IRON USING WATER BASED PAINTS IF POSSIBLE.

DAVID S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
LIGHTING - LAS VEGAS, Nevada, USA

Interior or exterior? Crackle has become a popular finish around these parts, and there are several manufacturers. By low cost, do you mean less than what a paint company would charge for their product?

Is the paint for short or long runs, i.e., will you order in gallons or drums of material?

This will help to fill in some of the answers you need to get the product you want.

Best Regards,

tom pullizzi monitor
Tom Pullizzi
Falls Township,
   Pennsylvania 

I have an ornate Italian iron table I want to cover with a crackle finish. I will remove any rust then I would like to know if I can use paints and crackle medium available at my local home store. I would like the top coat to be fairly durable as I don't want to paint it again soon. What is the procedure to follow and what paints do I use?

Timothy Smith
- mount dora, Florida