DETAILS OF WASTE FROM ELECTROPLATING INDUSTRIES

Dear sir:

I am a student of B.Tech. Final year (Chemical), Zakir Hussain College of Engineering and Technology,A.M.U., Aligarh, India. I am doing a project on Solid Hazardous Wastes from electroplating Industries. Please provide me details of the various metals or non-metals their characteristics and the danger they pose to our health. I also want the details of their quantities which are produced in the electroplating industry. Please also give the various methods to recycle them.

Thanking you in anticipation.

MD HASAN ARSHAD
- Aligarh, UP, India

Many comprehensive books have been written on the subject, and millions upon millions of dollars have gone into grants for this. I suggest you start at the U.S. EPA's site at www.epa.gov.

You will soon realize that it would take you years to complete as broad an assignment as you have outlined. After that initial survey you might want to come back here with some more specific, targeted questions -- like picking one particular metal, and one particular industry. Good luck.