How to Etch & Finish Tungsten Wire

1998

I am looking for suitable method for electropolishing of tungsten wire.

Also I need information on how to etch tungsten rods of size 1/4" on a continuous basis. The surface finish is not important, but it must etch nicely.

Prasad

Renukaprasad B.M.
Avasarala Tungsten Limited - India

1997

I am also looking for a method of electropolishing tungsten wire.

Ron Gundlach
Hamilton Company

1998

I assume that you are looking for procedures and formulas for working with tungsten. What formulations and procedures have you tried up to this point? Do you have a facility for this work, or do you plan to install a polishing, etching line? Is this a vertical integration move for your company, or are you having a problem finding the right supplier of these finishes?

What is meant by "the surface finish is not important" when one refers to an etch? Is the etch a procedure to remove some heavier scale or oxide?

tom & pooky toms signature

1998

I have licensable technology to etch tungsten rods of uniform diameter continuously, and on a regular basis.

mahendran c.t
applied materials

2000

I am searching for a controllable method to etch the tips of small tungsten wires. The size of the wires varies from 6 mil to 12 mil diameter. The wires are bent at the tip and the tips are sanded for flatness. After which I need to create a full radius on the tip. The tip diameter is between 1 and 2 mil. We have used potassium hydroxide and current but it is not very controllable.

David Caunt
Cerprobe - San Jose, California