Can't find Versene "T"

(1998)

Hi everyone. I have a problem finding Versene "T". Even Dow Chemicals doesn't know what that Versene is. It is from an old formulation for high throw (1 mil/hr) electroless copper plating bath. Can you help me find it or replace it.

Thanks in advance,

Rolland Jones
electronics

Electroless Copper and Nickel-Phosphorous Plating

(1997)

Versene is EDTA. It is a commercial name. I do not know what the T stands for but there are a lot of chemicals in this family. Degussa manufactures EDTA by the name of Trilon, they may help you in finding out what the T stands for. Sara

sara michaeli
sara michaeli signature 
Sara Michaeli
chemical process supplier
Tel-Aviv, Israel

(1997)

I just came across a ref. in regards to Versene "T". It is a mixture of EDTA and TEA.

Thanks to all,

Rolland Jones
Jones Electronics

(1997)

I think the Hampton Chemical Co. in Nashua, NH used to produce this product. I do not know if they are still in business or were bought out by someone else.

Steve Rimsa

(1998)

Not so much a contribution as another question - I'm trying to find out which of the many possible EDTA salts Versene 220 is.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Alan Craggs

(1998)

Langford and Parker, "Analysis of Electroplating and Related Solutions" [linked by editor to info about book at AbeBooks], has "EDTA.... it appears in industry under a series of trivial but useful synonyms such as Versene, Sequestrene, Trilon B, Chelaton 3 and Complexone III....."

So it may be just diamino-ethane tetra-acetic acid, disodium salt, (but it still could be a mixture). Have you tried searching for Versene in a search engine?

tom pullizzi monitor
Tom Pullizzi
Falls Township,
   Pennsylvania 

(1998)

Versene 220 is same as Hampene 220 : 99%+ tetrasodium salt of EDTA.

James Chunn
- Theodore, Alabama

(2001)

Hey everyone I have a question about this. I'm working with EDTA and want to find a way to break it down into its origanal components like with an oxidation reduction, but I don't know what to use or how to do it.

Katie Jones
- seattle wa USA

(2001)

What formulation of EDTA is used in chelation therapy for metal toxicity and arterial disease?

Heidi Kult
- St. Paul, Minnesota

(2001)

Hello, Heidi. I guess you found this page by searching for specific terms in a search engine, rather than by coming through 'the front door' of our metal finishing site. This is a topic our readers probably wouldn't know about, I'm afraid. Sorry.

(2000)

I would like to know will sequestring agents such has versene help in avoid iron contamination in nickel plating baths. This is being a serious problem.

bob jonna
- India