Process Control of Chromate Conversion Baths

A discussion started in 1996.
Add your Q. or A. to restore it to the "Current Topics" discussions.

(1996)

I would like to speak with technical people about process control of chromate conversion baths for 380 aluminum (3-4 % copper). I do not know how to get in touch with the larger chemical producers which I was thinking might have the ability to keep these type of people on full time. Anyone know how to get a hold of someone at Dow, DuPont or such?

Joe Hanke
engineer - San Jose, California

I think you're looking for the wrong people. Dow and DuPont and such may provide the raw chromium-based chemicals; I don't know. But it's people like Chemetall Americas, Macdermid (Allied-Kelite Iridite process), and Atotech USA who would be familiar with process control of chromate conversion coating baths.