Products for Coatec India:
CATHODIC ELECTRO COATING (CED)
Electro coating is a method of giving a metal an organic finish by using electrical current to deposit the paint. Electro coating is known by other names like electrophoresis, anaphoresis, cataphoresis, cathodic electro deposition, CED, electro deposition, elpo coat, electro dip coating, anodic electrocoating, anodic electro deposition and AED. Electro coating can be protective or decorative and may combine the properties of both depending on the end use. Electrocoating is also environmentally friendly.
Types of Electro coat: Anodic and Cathodic
- For excellent color and gloss control, combined with economy, the component to be coated works as an anode with a positive electrical charge attracting negatively charged paint particles in the paint bath.
- Small amounts of metal ions migrate into the paint film, thus limiting the performance properties.
- Anodic coating finds its main use in products meant for interiors or moderately aggressive exterior environments.
- High Performance Coatings with excellent corrosion resistance the part to be coated is given a negative charge, which attracts positively charged paint particles.
- The reversing of anodic polarities greatly reduces the amount of ions entering the cured paint film and this enhances the performance properties of cathodic electro coated products.
- Cathodic electro coating are high performance coatings and can withstand the harshness of exterior environment. Anodic and cathodic coatings can be done by using both epoxies and acrylics.
Electrocoating has the following advantages over powder coating
and liquid spray systems:
- High corrosion resistance
- Uniform coating
- Possibility to coat complex parts
- Higher transfer efficiency
- Very low incidence of rejects
- Much higher productivity
- Much better quality
- Ease of handling
These can be fluidized bed or powder spray. Glide Coating is a generic name for Polyamide Coating. The component is cleaned for all traces of oil and rust. If necessary it is sand / shot blasted or given zinc phosphate pre-treatment. It is spray coated with an adhesive primer and baked.It is a friction minimizing coating. Glide coating offers resistance to galling & is used in applications like coating of:
- Gear Shifting Fork
- Spline Shafts
CHEMLOK - RUBBER TO METAL ADHESIVE BONDING:
Rubber to Metal Bonding
Adhesive Coating Machine "Chemlok" is the proprietary product of Lord Corporation.
"Megum" is the proprietary product of by Rohm & Haas, this coating has exceptional reliability in rubber to metal bonding. This type of coating is required in rugged automotive & industrial applications like industrial lining, hydraulic hoses, military components, brake shoes & automotive vibration control components.
DIP SPIN - ZINC FLAKE COATING:
Flake coating of bulk parts like fasteners.
This process is not directly suitable for coating of sheet metal parts with flat surfaces. Such components with flat surfaces can be coated with a modified dip spin method or bestby simple spray and bake method.
Dip Spin Coating machine is used to give a surface coating which raises the corrosion resistance (salt spray test - from 120 hours to 1000 hours) and is useful for coating fasteners, clamps, u-bolts, nails, screws, etc that need high corrosion resistance.
Coatec India supplied the Dip Spin Machine for Zinc
Back to finishing.com Home Page