Ni-Cr treated DC 0.05/400 HV, etc.

Q. Hi

What is the meaning of this and which is the standard for this?

"Area for thickness and adhesion-tests: Ni-Cr treated"
"Treatment: DC 0.05/400 HV = 0.1+0.05, ISO 6507-3, Ni 12-4um, dull plated"
Ni-Cr treated, Ni 12-4um,

Iranna B
product designer - Bangalore,Karnataka, India

A. Hi Iranna. I think I recognize that particular formula as a formula for problems :-)

I corrected 4 typos in your very short posting, which is no problem on my end, but which should give you pause regarding whether the other characters you entered were precisely correct. Even if so, trying to figure out what it means and its implications, with no mention of where the words were found or what they refer to, is bad news.

ISO 6507-3 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] is a spec for calibrating the reference blocks of a Vickers hardness tester, but I believe this writeup is probably fractured, and if I were you I would ask the original designer to clarify. Good luck.