Corrosion Protection for 6061 Structural Aluminum Container

I am looking for a solution for the final protection coating on a structural box made of Aluminum 6061 structural channel and I-beams. The box is large 12 x 8 x 8 1/2' tall. The destination is in a slat environment near the ocean. We built the box using std structural brackets and huck fasteners. All is assembled and out for soda blast to remove the mill finish and markings.

The question is what is recommended to complete this for best corrosion resistance ? Anodize is out of the question due to size. Alodine is there, but I see conflicting recommendations. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Powdercoat is possible but not the favorite answer ...

Bob Singer
Design Engineer - Stuart, Florida - USA

help wanted ad
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]
Plating Supervisor [Chicago]
Plating Quality Inspector [Chicago]