-----

What is Jewelers rouge and where can I get it?

2003

I would like to know what is jeweler's rouge [affil link]? Is it available commercially or can it be made at home?

Rohit Gupta
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Ed. note: We've linked to it at Amazon, Rohit.

2003

This is usually a mix of aluminium oxide and wax, it is used with buffing wheels to polish metals.

Robert Harrison
- Dublin, Ireland

Q. As a former Herbertsville Road Brick resident (from the late 40's to the 80's), I'm hoping that someone from that area can help me. My father (now deceased) used a jeweler's rouge in his workshop that was wrapped in red paper and came in a green box. He probably purchased it at the hardware store on Herbertsville Road sometime in the 50's. He swore by the product and we need to find it again. Does anyone remember the name of the rouge and if/where it can be found? Thanks so much in advance!

Andrea Lindemann-Grez
faux finisher - Chesterfield Virginia USA