-----

"Solutions for galvanic action"

2000

i am getting what I think may be galvanic action or corrosion on my logging truck. it's happening between my aluminum log stakes and the steel bunks that hold them. is there something I could do to stop this, or just keep replacing my stakes every year ?

cliff decoste
- whitecourt,alberta,canada
^

2000

Anytime you have different metals in contact you have the potential for galvanic corrosion (pun intended). You could either replace the aluminum with steel or provide some sort of electrical insulation between the aluminum and steel. Of course, you could just continue to replace the stakes as needed.

James Totter
James Totter, CEF
- Tallahassee, Florida
^

2000

I'd be tempted to try something like a plastisol dip coating. It should be rugged enough to withstand the abuse and easy enough to apply.

Bob Denney
avionics Tampa, Florida
^