-----

"Copper contamination of galvanizing bath"

2000

I work for a galvansing company engaged in zinc coating on cold rolled steel coils in a continuous galvanizing line.

The coil is coated in an full zinc bath.

We have been considering use of zinc with the copper present as an impurity to the extent of 0.06% to 0.08%.

I would like to know what is the effect of copper in the zinc used for galvanising on
(a) the quality of the finished (galvanised)sheet and
(b) on the life of the galvanizing equipments such as melting pot support rolls , etc.
(c) dross generation during the galvanizing process

shall be grateful if anyone has experience on this type of zinc (with copper) and can share it. Or if someone can refer to any literature on the subject.

Paliwal G
- India
^

Alloy galvanizing. I want to work in about hot dip galvanizing but I have not thermocouple .please give me a respond that how can I work.and how can I add Ni to Zn.

Mahdy Mahdyp
sajad - Ahwaz, Khuzestan, Iran
^

Hi. my project is on the effect of alloy elements on structure
and properties galvanizing coating. please give me a respond that how can I add second element (example 1%Ni ) in bath.
can I add Ni as solid to 100g Zn

Mahdy Pashmforosh
sajad - Ahwaz, Kuzestan, Iran
^