Info Needed for Chromium Reduction

(2000)

Hi, I'm a 4th year environmental engineering student, trying to remove chromium(6+) from a wastewater stream.

I believe I need to use sodium meta bisulfide to change the hexavalent chromium to Cr(OH)3. I was wondering if you could tell me the relevant reactions and if their are any alternatives or maybe the IUPAC name for sodium meta bisulfide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kelsey Bawden
The University of Queensland - Queensland, Australia

(2001)

Dear Sir,

Why don't you use bacteria which reduce chromate 6 to chromate 3? This is called bioremediation. I am trying to work n it.

Asimul Islam
- Delhi, India