Electrolytes to SS 316L

(2000)

To whom it may concern:

I would like some information regarding electrolyte for electropolishing stainless steel 316L. I am an engineering student from Venezuela and require information regarding the rough composition of electrolyte for my thesis project.

I would appreciate whatever information you can provide me specifically the identify if the component solutions which make up the polish. Please contact promptly as soon as it is convenient. Thank you.

Carolina B. Medrano M,Mech. Engrg. student

(2001)

Hi.

The information you are looking for is a closely guarded secret that electropolishing companies don't want to share with the general public (some sort of conspiracy). I happen to know that the electrolyte is composed of phosphoric and sulfuric acids, but have no idea to what concentrations to use.

Jeff Swayze
Kelowna b.c., Canada