-----

Weatherproof Clear Coating to Keep Polished Brass Shiny

The handles on my "Forever Door" had become chipped and tarnished after 15 years of use. I was able to strip off the coating (which obviously did not last 'forever') and, with the aid of a buffing wheel and rouge, I successfully buffed out all the tarnish, nicks and scratches. The handles and plates are now a highly polished brass and look spectacular. What can I use to protect that finish that will survive weather and,for at least a few years, the scratches and nicks caused by rings, keys and the like?

Mike Tolle
Hobbyist - Laurel, Maryland, USA

Take it to an auto body repair/paint shop and have them put a coat of clear coat on it.

nikolasbanner
"Clearcoats/Lacquers for Brass from G.J. Nikolas"