Stripping nickel from copper

(2000)

I will be retiring soon and my wife and I are into antiques as a hobby. I would like to learn about stripping nickel plating from copper coffee pots. Right now when I have pots to be stripped, I have to take them clear to Ohio to get it done. I understand that it is a hazardous process, but would very much like to get into it. Thanks.

DAVID J. DORMIRE
- DAVENPORT, Iowa

(2000)

This will require a haz waste generator's permit from your state EPA. This involves a bit of paperwork to get it and compliance with the appropriate laws, local,state and federal. You will be inspected.

After you have done this homework, Metalx [a finishing.com supporting advertiser] sells a good stripper in small quantities at an affordable price. They may still have a adv at this site under vendors.