-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Painting brass shower fixture"

2005

I would like to paint - or at least tone down - the shiny brass around my shower stall. I read about spray painting but am afraid of the constant moisture. Is there anything you can suggest?

Kristin Hartung
hobbyist - Parkville, Missouri
^

2005

If you want to tone down the shine, you might try rubbing the areas with a fine Scotch Brite pad or 00 0000 steel wool [affil. link to info/product at Rockler] (not a soap pad). You want to create a fine scratch without penetrating the lacquer. If this doesn't work, you have done the prep work for painting over the protective coating on the brass (I would use a water based paint to avoid incompatibilites which are possible with the coatings on brass).

Gene Packman
process supplier - Great Neck, New York
^

2007

I have a brass trimmed shower enclosure and rather than replace it is there a way that I can prepare it and paint it without it peeling from the moisture in a shower?

Mary O'Keefe
Real Estate - Dallas, Texas
^