Wetting of stainless steel fibers

I am searching to improve wetting of stainless steel fibers in the aluminum matrix, I would appreciate if anyone can tell me some reference books or web pages about that.

Atay MAC
- Ankara, Turkey

Hi Atay !

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure what you mean. Are you, for instance, melting aluminum and having s.s. fibres inside?

Then what type is the s.s. ? If 3l6, probably bad news. If a lower grade (= more iron less Ni/Cr) then try oxidizing the fibres, ie. changing the metal surface structure so that it becomes non-shiny and non slippery.

Any NEW and fresh metal will tend to have a surface that will 'track' and not wet out.

Does this help you at all? Please reply if it does.