Q.1 - Sand blasting & pretreatment

1998

Need your advice on the following:

What is the safe time interval between sand blasting and primer application (of Mild steel sheet - which will be painted latter)? How do I test the commencement of the corrosion process, say in a duration of 0 - 24 hours of blasting?

K. Murugan
Crompton Greaves

1998

The straight answer is, it varies based on the environment in which you are running the operation. If it is humid and polluted, probably not more than four hours. Have you run any time delay experiments in a statistical design mode?. Check with the primer manufacturer if their primer includes any inhibiting chemicals. I believe they do take care of such things.

Mandar.

Mandar Sunthankar
- Fort Collins, Colorado

1999

Try soda blasting for longer wait time of flash rusting. If you leave the soda on the blasted piece without rinsing it off you can have up to two weeks of time before you need to coat or prime your metal before it flash rusts.

Michael Holmes
- Enviro-Clean LTD -

1999

For refinishing golf club "metal woods", I sand blast before painting. What is the best sand to use for this application?

Alan Bezanson
Al's Clubhouse Greely, Ontario, Canada

2000

I'm looking for peel off lens to put on a sand blasting hood can someone tell me where to buy them I need a lot of those .The other one takes to much time to change.These one you don't have to remove your hood you only peel one at a time

Thanks, Daniel

Daniel Archer