We've strived for 23 years to build a truly
good website. We feel it's worth your time smiley

Zinc Plating

We do service & repair of bakery equipment. Some parts like handles, lifting arms etc have to be rust proofed (zinc plated or chromed). We would like to build a small tank for this job. Can anyone give me some info how to start and what to do. Long time ago I have done some electro plating at school, but I would not call this experience. I would like to know 1. how to start 2. what do we need 3.any books about it etc.

Neil Lawrence
- Perth, Western Australia

The first step is to decide what finish you need. I could be mistaken, but I believe that zinc is not to be used in ovens or other applications which combine food products and heat.

The next step is the unfortunate realization that metal finishing is a process, not a dip. If you want to build a dozen small tanks you might be able to do it, but not one tank.