The home page of the finishing industry®
This is one of a series. We welcome news or editorial content from our readers, and will revise this page each afternoon that we receive input.
Letters to the Editor
by Ted Mooney, P.E.
December 8, 1998
- When was the last time you saw a "Letter to the Editor"
printed in Plating & Surface Finishing, Metal Finishing,
Products Finishing, or another journal serving our industry?
Contrariwise, when was the last time you saw a newspaper that
lacked a vibrant "Letters to the Editor" page? Or any
magazine (I don't care if we're talking Time, People,
Smithsonian, Road & Track or TV Guide ) that
lacked controversial letters to the editor?
- We do our
fellow finishers and fellow citizens no favor by honoring some vow
of silence. The mechanism by which we really vote on
industry directions is by publicly expressing our opinions.
Our industry desperately, desperately, needs
publicly expressed opinion. So write a letter to the editor of any
of our trade journals, or for publication at an industry website,
or --please-- for publication right here.
- Dear Reader: please choose what you want to do--
- I want to reply to or follow-up on this subject.
- I want to start a new news item or editorial thread on a different subject.
- I want to view the previous editorials and news items.
Back to finishing.com Home