Seeking shop to camo plate Gun barrels

(2001)

I am looking for a company that electroplates gun barrels in a camo design.

Sylvia M [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Tallassee, Alabama, United States

First of two simultaneous responses (2001)

You cannot electroplate a "camo" design. Electroplating applies a monochromatic color of the metal being plated such as gold, nickel, copper, tin, etc.. If you are looking to duplicate the camo finish typically used on shotguns for game hunting, I believe that the camo finish you desire is usually an organic finish (read paint) of some type, but this is not my area of expertise.

Joel Tomasetti
- Petersburg, Virginia, USA

Second of two simultaneous responses (2001)

Dear Sylvia,

Try doing a search on "graphic immersion". I think there is a firm in Georgia that makes the process tanks and graphics, I'm sure they can refer you to someone that can do what you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Jake Koch
G. J. Nikolas & Co., Inc.
Bellwood, Illinois
nikolas banner ad

I think you may be thinking of water transfer printing, Sylvia. Ted Mooney, finishing.com Teds signature

----
Readers: our advertisers make this site possible for technical information exchange & camaraderie; they will contact the inquirers privately regarding any commercial needs. Please appreciate that the site would drown in spam overnight if we posted offers to sell from people paying nothing.