Specifying Nickel Plating On Blue Prints

(2001)

Three easy questions:

1) I need to specify a Nickel coating on 360 brass. My goal is to prevent corrosion. The device is used to conduct electricity. It will never see out door use and the end user will never see it. What are my options?

2) I have another device that is visible to the user it too conducts electricity. I want to Nickel plate it as well. Is there a bright Nickel coating specification? The device needs to look good.

3) Is there a web site that explains the choices I have when nickel plating?

Gary G.
- Howell, Michigan, USA

(2001)

1.British Standard B.S. 1224;1970, . nickel deposit b bright, Service condition 1 or 2, bright nickel only 0.2 to 0.4 mils minimum. 2. same

pooky
tom pullizi signature