Surface area increase through etching Inconel

(2001)

I am an engineer with a medical equipment company. I would like to know what options there are for increasing the surface area of an Inconel heating element to improve radiant emissions. I am currently pursuing various coatings to increase emissivity and would like to increase the surface area without increasing the component geometry. I am also interested in the highest emissivity coatings available.

Colin Hodge
Ohmeda Medical - Columbia, Maryland, USA

(2001)

Colin,

Maybe you should go to the 'horse's mouth', namely Special Metals who, along with Special Metals Wiggin in the UK, are the world's top nickel alloy experts ... and make a range of NiCr heating elements quite apart from Inconel, Monel, Nimonics etcetera.

They are on the internet at 'www.specialmetals.com' Am very sure that you could shed some light on your quest.

Cheers!

a hilly town