The making of white gold and sterling silver

(2001)

I am interested in white gold letter or discussion. My question is how do I get a comprehensive information about the process of making white gold and sterling silver? Thank to you all that give a respond to this letter.

Sincerely yours,

Heru Effendy
- Jakarta, Indonesia

(2001)

I know that sterling silver is at least 92.5% silver, with copper the most common metal used as the remainder. White gold is habitually an alloy of gold, palladium and silver. It can also contains nickel, zinc, copper and other elements, which may change the color of the alloy. Most of the time, jewelry is made by investment casting (in french, we call it "cire perdue" which means "lost wax"). I found interesting information at: www.unitedpmr.com/instructions1.html

Good luck! Julie Levesque
- Quebec City, Quebec, Canada