Small Scale Electropolishing? HELP!

(2001)

I have a small custom shop that anodizes aluminum paintball guns (5000 and 6000 series aluminum mainly). I am currently using a vibratory finishing system to deburr and polish the pre and post anodized finish, but I'm really not entirely satisfied with the finish, or the time it takes. It seems that all of the electropolishing systems I have encountered are geared toward huge industrial shops. Is there anything for the small guy like me? Just to give you an example of my size shop, I have a 15 gallon anodizing tank, and 10 gallon chrome/nickel/copper tanks. I produce about 75 to 100 paintball guns per month, and my business is increasing monthly.

Shawn Nance
- Fort Worth, Texas, USA

(2002)

There are some small electroplating companies in Florida too. Seems the next best thing is mid-size companies. You must create a larger tub for dipping to get a larger volume of business. This costs money. Also, do not give away free jobs. This is the first rule of growth and profit. Now, the best way to plate guns is with the slowest process you can create. Otherwise you plate them too fast. This delays you in appreciating the stages of plating.

Jesse Canu
Plate Tony - Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA