-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley
    no popups, no spam
on this site
current topics
topic 9473

Seeking Nitratec plating


I am a supplier of steel hydraulic fittings. I have a customer requesting a quote with fittings that have a "Nitratec" finish. I believe this is a trade name for either a type of plating or a process. I would welcome a reply from a supplier that provides this finish or possibly an equal, if this is a proprietary process or product.


Danial G. Turnbull
- Olathe, Kansas


Hello Dan!

Well, there is a "nitrotec" process, which is a ferritic nitrocarburizing treatment. As you can see at

Kolene offers a salt bath alternative to the gaseous Nitrotec process. Well, Kolene doesn't do the process- they sell to heat treat outfits that would do it. You can get more information from them.

Good luck!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

ADD a Comment to THIS thread START a NEW threadView CURRENT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.