-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
Serious Education & the most FUN
you can have in metal finishing smiley

No popups, spam, registration or passwords
on this site
current topics
topic 9453



We need to know what is a "Unichrome" finish. Is this a trademark for a clear chromate Zinc conversion?

Derrek Tuthill
hardware mfg. - Winston-Salem, North Carolina


Unichrome is a trademark of Atotech USA, for chromium plating, copper plating, and chromate conversion coatings.

So yes, you are correct, you need to contact Atotech to see which number corresponds to the product you need, for instance, Unichrome 16 or Unichrome 34, etc.

pooky tom pullizi signature
Tom Pullizzi
Falls Township, Pennsylvania

If you have a question in mind which seems off topic, please Search the Site

ADD a Comment to THIS thread START a NEW threadView CURRENT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.