Electroplating Live Chats?

(1998)

I participated in the Aluminum anodizing live chat this month and was impressed. Is there any way we might possibly get an electroplating forum set up in the same format?

Tom Haltmeyer
Peoria, Arizona, USA

(1998)

Tom,

I believe an electro-plating live chat is a great idea. If I can be of help in any way, please advise.

Joel Garcia
- Mcallen, Texas

(1998)

All it takes is for one person to make a commitment to be there at a specific day and time :-) Ted Mooney, finishing.com Teds signature

(1998)

Well heck! I'm not the greatest plater in the world but if all it takes is someone to host it once a month Jeezzzzzz........ I will do it! I'm probably going to learn more then I help! I will give it another couple of weeks and then if there are not any really experienced platers that want to step up to bat, I will figure out how to host a forum.

Stay tuned!

Tom Haltmeyer
Peoria, Arizona, USA

I would be very interested in participating in an electroplating forum . . . there are too many sciences and technologies that are new to not be interested and want to learn new techniques, chemicals and procedures!

Zachary Gibson
- Dallas Texas

Hi, Zachary

Finishing.com did present the live chat that was discussed and a good number of other live chats in our early years, but the internet evolved somewhat. If you are especially interested in the "live" aspect, then NASF (www.nasf.org) and Metal Finishing magazine (www.metalfinishing.com) run periodic "webinars" --which seem to be what the older "live chats" evolved into. You can get their schedules and sign up for the webinars at their sites.

Here at finishing.com we evolved towards trying to solve particular problems permanently by having tens of thousands of individual threads covering all the different topics of interest to metal finishers. Although such discussions are not truly "live", our Hotline-Letters page introduces about two dozen new threads every day, and has a number of participants who interact and contribute almost every day. It is quite vibrant, and we hope to see you as a frequent participant. But it also allows the advantage that the solutions become a searchable matter of record, and if an experienced person has a different take, they can add their thoughts to the thread long after the initial discussion.