How to Coat?

(2001)

I was wondering how I can coat teflon on the inside of glass tubes. The tubes are very small and is used to pump ions through. The temperature for the machines that uses the tubes is around 44 °C.

David Lin
- San Diego, California

(2001)

Hi Dave:

I don't think anyone will succeed in your approach. Glass and Teflon simply don't adhere well. I see two options, but since the information you gave is limited I don't know if they are applicable. One is to machine a tube from a solid round of teflon and insert it inside the glass tubes tight. The other, would be to substitute the whole tube by solid teflon?.

Good luck,