Black Oxide and Passivation Process

(2001)

Can some tell me where I can get information about black oxide/passivation process. I mean website. I design opto-mechanical components for Nortel Networks. The material of the components are either steel or stainless steel. These components need to be coated black. At this point, I have very little knowledge of the process. I want to know the basic fundamental of this process so I can talk to the vendors.

Lee A.
Nortel Networks - Billerica, Massachusetts

(2001)

Lee -

Look for our Black Magic line of black oxide products for steel and stainless steel. Black oxide is a common choice for optical components because it doesn't change any part dimensions and will stay black even in some pretty extreme conditions.

Dan Brewer
chemical process supplier - Gurnee, Illinois