Home plating in gold, silver, chrome, nickel

(2001)

I live on a small holding of 2 acres in South Africa, far from a city. I would like to start a small home business in electroplating old spectacle frames.

I guess that I need to be able to plate in gold,silver/titanium?, nickel both bright and grey.

I have outbuildings I can use to keep the chemicals out of harms way. There are no children that live on the property that could come to harm. Electricity supply is not a problem, we have 220volt ac here and 3phase is laid onto the house

How do I get started? There is no Guild of Finishers here to learn at. I have a background as an industrial chemist( years ago) and therefore understand chemistry.

I am also a gun buff and would like to know if hard chrome plating of guns is also feasible.

Hoping for help.

Case van Hattem
Private - Johannesburg