Painting Aluminum

(2001)

Q. I want to paint the aluminum framed house attached to my garage. The structure has been attached to the house for years and there are mold and mildew concerns. In addition, the back wall of the framed structure has dark faux paneling (aluminum). My home has the original aluminum siding (which eventually I want to paint also). I also plan to do a mural of a japanese garden over the faux dark paneling behind the framed house attached to the garage. For now, I need to prepare the surfaces and paint everything white.

What kind of preparations do I need to do and what kind of paints and products do I need to purchase?

Elaine Sessa
- Bethpage, New York, USA

(2006)

Q. How do you paint aluminum?

Clyde Jones
- Marysville, Washington, USA