Magnesium AZ31B and ZK60A

2001

I am interested in adding Magnesium AZ31B and ZK60A to my catalog. What forms is it available in (e.g., sheet, rod, tube, rectangular bar)? Who is a good source for this material?

Walt L.
McMaster-Carr Supply Company - Elmhurst, Illinois, USA

2001

Hello Walt!

THE McMaster-Carr? Wow! Great catalog, big guy! Use it lots!

If you're looking to buy from producers, check out the list at the International Magnesium Association at www.intlmag.org. I think their member list is arranged well enough to get you where you want, quickly.

If you wnat to buy from a distributer, I believe that both Castle and Jorgenson handle magnesium stock. It is likely that whomever supplies your aluminum could also lead you in the right direction.

Good luck! lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist - E. Aurora, New York