Magnesium AZ31B and ZK60A

2001

I am interested in adding Magnesium AZ31B and ZK60A to my catalog. What forms is it available in (e.g., sheet, rod, tube, rectangular bar)? Who is a good source for this material?

Walt L.
McMaster-Carr Supply Company - Elmhurst, Illinois, USA

2001

Hello Walt!

THE McMaster-Carr? Wow! Great catalog, big guy! Use it lots!

If you're looking to buy from producers, check out the list at the International Magnesium Association at www.intlmag.org. I think their member list is arranged well enough to get you where you want, quickly.

If you wnat to buy from a distributer, I believe that both Castle and Jorgenson handle magnesium stock. It is likely that whomever supplies your aluminum could also lead you in the right direction.

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist