Manufacture of Na(O)Cl by Electrolysis of NaCl

2001

I want information about the manufacture Na(O)Cl by the electrolysis of NaCl. I need information on the following:

a) What is the minimum scale of production for such an unit to be economically viable?

b) What kind of investments are involved?

c) If any one in India is manufacturing this product in the above mentioned process or not?

I would appreciate any information that is available.

Indranil Matilal
- Calcutta, West Bengal, India

2002

Hi dear,

I want to know information about the following: I want to produce NaOCl [sodium hypochlorite] using the electrolysis of NaCl solution really I have made a small cell, but the quality of the output is not as good as required, so I want to know all the conditions required to complete the reaction:
the cell electric voltage and current
the temperature
full diagram for a producing real cell the salt concentration(before)
the ph, and how to fix it
how to avoid the reaction of hypochlorite at the cathode
how to fix the ph and the concentration at storage
how to increase the concentration up to say 6% or 12%

Sayed Hussein Haggag
- Mansoura, Dakhlia, Egypt