Decorative Ion Plating

2001

I am very interested in decorative ion plating, I have a question here, if my substrates are made of brass or Zinc-Al alloy, we should water-electroplate Ni/PNP/Pd on the surface before we PVD or IP coating, so it is still have some water pollutions, and makes the ion-plating process more complex and less easy to control. Are there any good methods to substitute this Ni/PNP/PD underlayer electroplating and can keep the surface's brightness and smoothness and corrosion-resistance?

Thank you!

Best regards.

Xiao Hang Liu
- ShenZhen, Canton, China

2001

You should try to put a layer of electrophoretic coating on the top of zinc or aluminum die-cast directly after the cleaning process. This process is simple and reduce your cost substantially.

S. Y. Yuen
- Hong Kong, China

adv.   accurate anodizing banner