Aluminum Bats Vs. Wooden Bats

2001

I am doing a presentation on bats and I was wondering if you know of any good websites that compare the two.

Ryan Maher
- Cedar Falls, Iowa

I am in 8th grade and I am writing a paper on the advantages about aluminum or wooden bats. I am trying to figure out which one hits farther if the same amount of force is used on it in, and the ball must hit the same part of the bat.

bobby j
student - lake charles, Louisiana

An aluminum bat hits it further, which is one of the objections to them. Major League Baseball doesn't use them because it would distort old records; kids leagues sometimes object because of the belief that it increases the dangers of the game. Exactly why they hit further I don't know for sure, but I believe it's because the surface of an aluminum bat is harder (a ball will bounce higher off a hard wood floor than off a mattress).