High-Heat Stovepipe Spray Paint in Colors

2001

Looking for a high-heat spray paint for our woodburning stove's stovepipe. We need a particular color other than black, grey or white. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Lynda Geymonat
- Hinton, Alberta, Canada

2001

TRY STEELCOTE MANUFACTURING CO. ST LOUIS MO.

Ken Rothrauff
- Duluth, Georgia, USA

2001

I've used Rustoleum High-Heat Spray Paint [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] with good results. It can be had in the colors you have mentioned as well as hunter green and I believe metallic silver.

Ron Putt
- Tom Bean, Texas

(2005)

We recently bought a used Vermont Castings woodstove. I don't believe it is that old--maybe 5 years, and is in pretty good shape. Just a few tiny places of rust, hardly noticeable, but the black finish looks somewhat grey and "used". I would like to paint it a color different than black, and have read the posts on the paints to use. My question:

Since the stove is not rusted, do I have to sand/remove the original black paint, or can I just used the "colored" paint over the existing black, after a thorough cleaning?

Thanks so much,

Angela Wallace
homeowner - Steubenville, Ohio, USA