Help ! Urgent - Electroplating Used?

2001

Hey Ted, if you can answer me about my question, I'll be glad... Here it comes: Which side in the industry is electroplating used? I'll be glad if you can answer it as soon as you could possible...

Cenk K
- Izmir, Turkey

2001

Electroplating is a surface modification science, so the side it's used on is the outside.

The applications for electroplating are beyond counting, Cenk. Anyplace where a part can benefit from having different properties on the surface than on the "inside" is a good candidate. But it is also possible to make solid objects by electroplating, including molds for CDs and vinyl records, microwave guides, bellows, ultrafine screening, hollow jewelry, etc.

P.S. Is there any urgency besides the fact that your homework is due? :-)