Using HVLP Sprayer to Paint House - Paint Pot?

(2001)

I have a Wagner 4-stage HVLP sprayer (2900 model) that I was considering using for painting the outside of our lake house (50 year old wood siding that's been stained and painted a few times). The paint we're using is a 100% acrylic exterior paint (same thing used to paint house last time). I'm having some trouble finding a "paint pot" to use to feed the sprayer instead of using the 1-quart cup. I'm also wondering how much I'm going to have to thin the paint down (with flowitrol or water?) and whether or not it's even worth doing (it's about 2400 square feet to be painted).

As a side note I've seen mention of a "viscosity gauge" (which sounds like a simple funnel) that can be used to help determine how much you need to thin down a finish/paint to spray it, but cannot find one to purchase.

Any suggestions, comments, etc. appreciated.

Terry Parker
- Stilwell, Kansas

Power Paint Roller

(2004)

I hope you have a lot of time. There are easier and more efficient ways of spraying. i.e. airless paint sprayer. If you don't want to use an airless you are better off brushing and rolling. If you use your hvlp you could burn the motor out!

Pablo Sanchez
painter - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA